SAQ's Early Essential Movement Course
This is a fully online course suitable for all Early Years Practitioners and Primary Schools Teachers. Learn how to develop the essential movement patterns that all children should experience to develop their brains, thus creating the foundation for all learning. Ideal for all Early Years settings, primary schools, community groups and especially young parents. Learn to engage the child in a range of fun, playful and creative floor based activities.
This new knowledge is based on the most recent discoveries in neuro-science. Creating new neurological connections in the brain gives the child secure foundations for all movement and learning. It gives many children a chance to ‘catch up’ with their peers physically, emotionally and cognitively and fulfil their potential.
What You Will Learn
- To use SAQ eEMP training to prepare children for ALL learning
- To understand what is Developmental Coordination delay
- Specifically to help you develop your children’s movement, listening and visual skills
- To know the 5 essential movement patterns
- To give you the competence and confidence to demonstrate activities
- To provide knowledge and practical skills to utilise the programme in your setting as soon as possible
- The award runs across 8 pre-recorded online sessions (Over 5 hours learning time, including practical tasks)
- Each of the 5 essential movement patterns are covered with 10 accompanying resource cards and detailed course booklet
- Each of the movements are introduced using video and powerpoint, followed by practical videos and reviews.
AssessmentMultiple Choice assessment to test learning at the end of the course
You Will Get Access To
- A comprehensive Resource Book and video summarising SAQ® eEMP Training for children
- Downloadable resource movement pattern cards and listening warm up
- Detailed videos of each of 10 movements
- Gross motor skill assessments
- Curriculum planning ideas and transitioning to fundamental movements
- CPD Accredited
- Dyspraxia Foundation endorsed
- Special Olympics GB endorsed
- RFU recommended
- SAQ Trainer Certificate on completion
Who should attend?
- Early Years Practitioners
- Primary School Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- Sports Coaches working with Early Years
How to enrol onto our course
Enrolling on our course is easy. Simply sign up to the site using the button below, and then select the course from the homepage to purchase access.
Book onto this course for £100 and receive a £10 introductory discount.
You can also book multiple places for your organisation by emailing delegate details to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a bulk discount of 15% for 2 places or 20% for 3 or more.